Sunday 13 July 2014

Dig For Victory!

Last Sunday I headed up the motorway with my brother & his family to the annual Dig For Victory show, this was our first year & we weren't disappointed.
Warning: photo overload! 





The home front tent was my favourite. Lots of Make Do and Mend!

Matthew in the 1940's house


1940's kitchen

Oscar getting in the spirit of it!

Beautiful blue sky & lovely cars

Lovely chocolate

We may have tasted them all!

Afternoon tea with a sing song

A much needed cup of tea

Another visit to the 1940's home


Dancing
Be aware of bombs!


Dig for victory garden

Inside the anderson shelter.... looks cosy





Oscar meets the horses at the 1940's farm


I came away with a selection of food goodies..... fantastic chocolate & ginger fudge.

We had a great day, the highlight was the educational game for children.... I think I enjoyed it more than Matthew! We knitted, used a mangle, a stirrup pump & lots more.

The down side...... having a hot 5 year old with a cold. He had a big hissy fit in the middle of the field!

I can't wait for next year.



5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fab day Joe. I'll keep an eye out for it next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs, Joe. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Hope the chocolate and fudge went down well ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fantastic day out.
    Wish I lived nearer.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twas a fab day, wasn't it? We went over on Saturday for the afternoon - next year we're hoping to go for the whole weekend and enter our 1952 Scammell lorry in the vehicle section! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete